Why create website in Dropbox ?
1. It’s free and your account is created immediately. Free 2GB space for Dropbox .
2. Easy to use. Just drag-n-drop the file inside your Dropbox folder.
3. Plenty of space. Free 2GB of space offered by Dropbox was more than enough.
4. Speed. Websites are blazing fast. Dropbox servers are optimised ”out of the box“ to be fast and reliable.
5. Security. Both services come with SSL and free support included.
1. Create an account first.
If you want your files to be accessible by anyone, you have to upload them into your “Public” folder. Enable your public folder here.
2. For demo, I will use a simple template. Download my template here.
3. Extract zip file , Open folder.
4. Open “index.html” on Notepad.
5. Change the paths. Absolute paths of website like this :
<link rel=”stylesheet” type=”text/css” href=”css/style.css”>
<link rel=”stylesheet” type=”text/css” href=”css/font-awesome.min.css“>
Change them to this:
<link rel=”stylesheet” type=”text/css” href=”./css/style.css“>
<link rel=”stylesheet” type=”text/css” href=”./css/font-awesome.min.css“>
6. Save your change then upload the files to your public folder in Dropbox.
7. You’ve done.
The sample link of site on dropbox is :
How to get link of your site on dropbox ? Simply click an file, click ‘COPY PUBLIC LINK”.
You can view my sample site. That’s it! Enjoy with this post!